- CHEROKEE COUNTY COUNTRY CLUB
- CHEROKEE HISTORICAL MUSEUM
- CHEROKEE ROCK VILLAGE
- CANYON CENTER
- CORNWALL FURNACE
- HWY 411 DRIVE-IN
- LITTLE RIVER CANYON MOUTH PARK
- LITTLE RIVER CANYON NATIONAL PRESERVE
- ORBIX HOT GLASS
- TERRAPIN CREEK
- WEISS DAM
- WEISS LAKE
- WEISS LAKE AUCTION
- YELLOW CREEK FALLS
Cherokee County Country Club
Cherokee County Country Club is a semi-private golf course located in Centre, AL
- Par 71 course
- 6088 yards blue tees
- 5491 yards white tees
- 4777 yards gold tees
- 4663 yards red tees
Course available to rent for private tournaments. 256-927-5070
270 County Road 382, Centre, AL 35960
Cherokee Historical Museum
Learn about our Cherokee County heritage. See thousands of items from long ago and exhibits about trains, steamboats, cannons, quilts, football heroes and more. Lots of discovery and hands on exhibits. Open Tuesday through Saturday.
Cherokee Rock Village
This 250 acre park contains enormous boulders of limestone and quartz rising to 200 feet and measuring 70 feet wide in places. Native Americans lived in the area from 8000 B.C. to the Cherokee Indian Removal in 1838. The park has natural arches, mountain springs and walking trails. Today the site is a popular place for rock climbers, hikers and others who go to enjoy the outdoors. Located at the end of County Road 70 in Sand Rock.
Owned and managed by Cherokee County and Cherokee County Park Board Authority 256-523-3799
Located at the end of County Road 70, Sand Rock, AL 35983
The Little River Canyon Center is a Jacksonville State University building located in Northeast Alabama that adjoins the Little River Canyon National Preserve. With a portion leased to the National Park Service and the staff of the Little River Canyon National Preserve, the facility features a Grand Hall, HD movie theater, gift shop, natural history library, exhibits, classrooms, back deck, outdoor amphitheater and trails for both education and adventure. It is available to rent for meetings, social gatherings, corporate retreats and other special events.
Erected in 1862, this cold blast furnace was the first in the country to be powered by water. The Furnace provided pig iron to the ironworks for the Confederate and is said to be the best preserved in the southeast. This 5 ½ acre park contains a nature trail and picnic pavilion. Located on County Road 251 in Cedar Bluff.
Owned and managed by Cherokee County and Cherokee County Park Board Authority
Located on County Road 251 in Cedar Bluff, AL 35959
Hwy 411 Drive-In
411 Twin Drive In Theatre & Grill is located at 300 County Road 265 (Old Hwy 411) between Centre and Leesburg. Home of great food and great movies. The theater is open year-round, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and open 7 nights a week from Memorial Day to Labor Day, playing all new release movies with 2 double features to choose from every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Great food and great prices, its fun for the whole family!
A great day facility for families and groups. Enjoy Little River year round. Many people enjoy the beach and swimming in the year round cool waters. Several hiking trails are nearby. There is a pavilion, several grills and public restrooms. Bring your rod and fish upstream. Canyon Mouth Park is a great place for birdwatching.
Little River Canyon National Preserve
A mountain-top river plunges into a surprising nature sanctuary. It is one of the nation’s longest rivers that form and flows for most of its length atop a mountain. Then it plunges off the Cumberland Plateau at the head of Little River Canyon. Beginning at 1,900 feet above sea level up on Lookout Mountain, the Little River ends up at 650 feet above sea level at Weiss Lake. The Park borders the Cherokee and Dekalb County line. From Hwy 35 to Hwy 273 where you find the Mouth Park, a daypark for swimming, hiking and family adventures.
Orbix Hot Glass
Orbix Hot Glass is a glass blowing studio and gallery of artist Cal Breed whose work has been seen in publications such as Oprah’s O Magazine, Cooking Light, Food and Wine, InStyle, and Southern Living, as well as art galleries around the country. Come design and literally “blow” your own Christmas ornament with the help of one of our glass artists.
Over 50 feet wide with 14 miles of floatable water, Terrapin Creek is a Class l-ll recreational stream that provides an excellent family friendly canoeing and kayaking experience. For anglers, the creek is known for its spotted, largemouth and redeye bass. Fly-fishing is popular along the creek. Outfitters include Terrapin Outdoor Center and Redneck Yacht Club
Located on Highway 9 South between Centre and Piedmont
Weiss Dam, creating the reservoir, was begun as the first of seven hydroelectric projects on the Coosa in 1958, and finished three years later. It's a concrete and earthen gravity dam, 126 feet high, named after Fernand C. Weiss, a former chief engineer of Alabama Power.
Weiss Lake is owned and operated by the Alabama Power Company. The lake consists of 30,200 acres, all coming from the Coosa River, Chattooga River and Little River, offering over 447 miles of shoreline and shallow flats , large coves, under-water drop offs and deep channels. Read more here.
Weiss Lake Auction & Antiques
Auctions are held the 1st & 3rd Saturdays of every month in Centre, Alabama. There are usually around 100 consignors for each sale. Sales last around 12 to 14 hours. Small items start at 9:00 AM, rugs at 5:00 PM, and furniture around 6:30 PM.
Located at 927 Cedar Bluff Road in Centre, AL
Yellow Creek Falls
The picturesque waterfalls flow over natural rocks into Weiss Lake at the footers from the Tennessee, Alabama & Georgia Railway trestle. Yellow Creek Falls, can be seen from Alabama Hwy 273 near Leesburg, is a favorite destination for boaters and kayakers. In 1911, this scenic route which ran the length of Lookout Mountain from Chattanooga, Tennessee, to Gadsden, Alabama, was known as the T.A.G. Rail Line. Sometime between 1930 and 1951, the TAG Rail Line discontinued passenger service and operated a small gasoline motor car, the "Scooter," to haul passengers and mail. In 1971, the line was purchased by the Southern Railway System and segments were abandoned in the 1980's. Located on Hwy 273 near Leesburg